[Hplip-help] printer concerns
Toni Zadzilka
2007-10-30 10:41:54 UTC
I have an HP1300 printer with which I have been previously pleased, and which always worked well with my PC.
Since the installation of an Ubuntu system on my computer, the printer has been nothing but a thorn in my side.
Everytime I ask it to print something, it prints a "test page".
Then it stops, as if the job was over.
The requested job will show as pending (or sometimes "stopped") but nothing happens.
Later it may print what I wanted an hour later... or a day later.. or never.
I am computer illiterate, and understand that the problem may not be with the printer but with the new system.
But if there is anything you could tell me to point me in the right direction for printer correction, I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you. Toni Zadzilka

Toni and BetsyJane
Aaron
2007-10-30 18:27:30 UTC
Toni,

Can you run hp-check and post the output? Also did you install hplip using
synaptic or did you install it from our website?

Thanks!

Aaron
Post by Toni Zadzilka
I have an HP1300 printer with which I have been previously pleased, and
which always worked well with my PC.
Since the installation of an Ubuntu system on my computer, the printer has
been nothing but a thorn in my side.
Everytime I ask it to print something, it prints a "test page".
Then it stops, as if the job was over.
The requested job will show as pending (or sometimes "stopped") but nothing happens.
Later it may print what I wanted an hour later... or a day later.. or never.
I am computer illiterate, and understand that the problem may not be with
the printer but with the new system.
But if there is anything you could tell me to point me in the right
direction for printer correction, I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you. Toni Zadzilka
*Toni and BetsyJane*
I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. - Firefly
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein