[Hplip-help] Removing HPOJ
MICHAEL FREDERICK
2007-10-31 00:52:34 UTC
Attempting to install HPLIP on SUSE 10.0. Get a message that HPOJ is installed or running. Install gives instructions to remove HPOJ via command su -c "yast --remove hpoj". When command is executed I get message "--remove is not a valid command".

So how do I get rid of HPOJ?
Johannes Meixner
2007-10-31 11:43:22 UTC
Hello,
Post by MICHAEL FREDERICK
Attempting to install HPLIP on SUSE 10.0. Get a message
that HPOJ is installed or running.
Post by MICHAEL FREDERICK
So how do I get rid of HPOJ?
HPOJ is in our RPM package hp-officeJet.

To disable it manually and remove it manually do as root:

/etc/init.d/ptal stop

insserv -r ptal

rpm -e hp-officeJet

or if the latter results dependecy conflicts (keep a note
which packages require hp-officeJet) do:

rpm -e --nodeps hp-officeJet

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex